Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm back!

I decided I'm going to give this whole blog thing another go.

So...I'm working towards my Bachelor's in English at BYU-Idaho. Prospective graduation date: April 2010. It's my second semester back since my mission to Maryland, and I'm actually living with my trainer. We have the coolest roommates and we have a ton of fun! Unfortunately, I am very poor, especially since I'm planning on going on the British Literary Tour in May, which isn't the least expensive thing I could do, but it should be amazing! As a result of my poverty, I have been quite the savvy shopper--buying ten cent Yoplait yogurt that's just a day over the pull date and imitation plastic cheese--things like that. (Don't ask me how you can have imitation fake cheese, but the point is it still melts.)

Today, I walked to Wal-mart and bought a new case of Cup-O-Noodles. Those things give me major flashbacks; I used to eat a Cup-O-Noodles almost every day in middle and high school, and then I would steal Nathan and Alex's french fries right out from under their noses. They loved me.

I'm taking three lit classes this semester, so pretty much all I ever do is read, and if I find the time, I'll write about what I'm reading on my Finer Things blog, so you can check that out if you feel so inclined. For my Fiction into Film class, I've read a few short stories: "The Cask of Amantillado" by Edgar Allen Poe, "Rappaccini's Daughter" by Nathaniel Hawthorne, and "The Man Who Corrupted Hadleyburg" by Mark Twain. For my Bronte Sisters class, I'm reading Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and in American Lit, I'm reading Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Welcome back old friend :)

Melinda said...

Good luck this semester.

Beth Adams said...

We just got the movie "Connecticut Yankee" with Bing Crosby in it from Uncle Lloyd. We'll have to share : )

Chad and Amber said...

Now where, my friend, are you finding this 10 cent yogurt? Hook me up! We're poor too! Gotta love college. :)

Beth Adams said...

I want a cool back ground!!!

I do hope you eat something besides imitaion cheese.

Megan said...

Don't worry, Mom. I eat cake, too. And as for the yogurt, Amber, I just got lucky. It was cheap because it was past the expiration date, but it was still delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails