Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hell Week

I hate Rexburg! I love BYU-Idaho, I love the people, and although I wouldn't choose to live in a town as tiny and ugly as this one were I not attending school, it is a tolerable place to live. But the climate here will be the death of me. It's finally gotten to the point where I'm not obliged to step out into a fresh layer of snow each morning, so naturally one bad thing has been replaced with another, and it's hurricane season. I was actually wondering where the wind was, as I seem to remember it being my constant companion in years passed, but I was by no means missing it. I was practically swept away in a tornado on my way to class today, and now that I am once more safe and warm in my apartment, I have no intention whatsoever of leaving it again until I'm forced to leave for class tomorrow morning.

This week has been very stressful, but I am surviving, and one of my professors has let me and my partner move our presentation to next week instead of tomorrow, which gives me a few minutes to blog about my week from hell. I'll admit it actually hasn't been too unbearable, but there have been moments when it felt that way. With three lit classes, my list of lengthy reading assignments is never-ending, so when I actually have writing assignments or some other project due, I become a sleep-deprived maniac until I've accomplished everything. I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and Villette, the last of which I find extremely boring, so it takes me a while to get through it. I had a take-home midterm for my Fiction class, an analysis paper for American Lit, and I had to meet with Brother Samuelson to talk about the upcoming British Literary Pilgrimage. I have a Drugs and Society test to take tomorrow, and originally I had that presentation for my Bronte class, which I was really struggling with because I didn't have any time to research, and my partner and I no longer had a topic because our professor accidentally gave it away. Fortunately, I now have the weekend to work on that. It may not look like that much on here, but my workload for the week was more than enough to keep me busy.

I hope I'm not sounding too negative because although I have been extremely busy, I have not been hating life by any means. I actually feel pretty satisfied with the amount of work I've gotten done this week, and I did find a few minutes for fun, too. Tuesday was Danielle's birthday, so I took her to The Cocoa Bean for some hot chocolate and cupcakes. It was a bit of heaven in week of chaos.




P.S. I realized in class today as I was writing the date on my pop quiz that it's my half birthday! Six more months and I'll be twenty-four. Each year sounds slightly more strange than the previous.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Look how crazy happy I am!! That Madigascar Vanilla cupcake was so very delicious!! I hope your stress load goes down. See you tomorrow!

wowiamcool said...

i should sue you for copyright infringement

Andy said...

this past week was my craziest/dumbest week of school so far. i haven't liked this semester much, ugh

Lifeless Lessons said...

Did you know I was actually in a Hurricane, and it is unreal. Unlike anything I've ever experienced. I didnt know it could be that windy, with that much Wind. And gustav was only a catagory 2. Sheeeeesh

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails