Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Mysterious Odor

Making myself comfortable on my bed, I unwrapped my bandage, revealing my iodine-stained arm. I had donated plasma over three hours earlier, and the hole still bled a little, but that's typical. I think when I pull off the gauze, all the dried blood gets pulled up with it, reopening the wound. Either that or I'm a hemophiliac. While I dabbed the drop of blood, and contemplated what item to check off my to do list first, I smelled a faint unpleasant odor. I held my arm up to my nose and inhaled. It smelled like iodine. That wasn't it. Oh, well. I ignored both the smell and my homework and checked my Facebook for the third time today. Derek Lemmon commented on my photo. I smelled my arm again. Iodine. I looked down at my legs crossed under me. I leaned over till my nose nearly touched my right foot. Mystery solved.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I's glad you are posting again! I like to start off the morning with a little mystery solved.

I used to donate plasma and I still have the scar in my elbow to prove it. Only one, since my other arm is defective.

Megan said...

It seems pretty common to have one defective arm. I, however, was told I have good veins in both arms. It's something to be proud of I guess. haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails