Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nostrils

The results are in! My first poll asked which you would rather have of the following: one large nostril, two regular-sized nostrils on the end of your nose like a pig, three regular-sized nostrils, or no nostrils. It was a tie between three nostrils and no nostrils, although I happen to know some cheating was involved on the no nostril side (you know who you are). Two nostrils came in second place with one nostril close behind.

Personally, I chose three nostrils for one reason. One of life's most annoying inconveniences is having half your nose plugged up. I figure, if I were to get a stuffy nose with three nostrils, the problem would be at least somewhat mitigated with the extra breathing hole. That is, until two nostrils became plugged, but at least I would have better odds of getting a good night's sleep. However, I admit having three nostrils would make blowing my nose slightly more of a challenge.

Never in a million years would I choose to have no nostrils. That would entail breathing through my mouth for the rest of my life, which is tiresome and unattractive to say the least. As for the other two options: a pig nose wouldn't be too bad. If you've seen the movie Penelope, you might agree that Penelope's nose grows on you as the story progresses. It's almost weird to see her with her with a normal nose! Having one nostril is not great (not that the other choices are), but I would still choose it over no nostrils any day.

Make sure you take my new poll about dating. It won't be up for the whole month because I'm leaving for Europe on the 27th. I'll be gone for all of May, so I want to be able to post a new poll before I go. For those of you who read my post about Cloud Nine, if you are interested in taking my quiz to see which Cloud Nine member you most resemble, you can do that here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails