Friday, December 4, 2009

Organized Stupidity

I know I said I wasn't going to post everyday anymore, but so far I can't seem to stop.

I just wanted to take a moment to express my distaste for group projects. I was part of a really lame group presentation today in my Family Interactions class. I tried to tell them our class activity wouldn't work, but people don't seem to hear me in these groups! I'm also in a group for my Religion and Society class, and we have to write a ten page paper to go along with our presentation. There are five of us, so it would make sense to break the paper into sections and have each person write two pages, right? Well, one girl agreed with this suggestion, but the self-designated voice of the group insisted on writing the paper journal entry style, and she and another girl were going to write it. The rest of us had our own assignments--they asked me to edit the video we were going to make in the next couple days. After we filmed it, the same girl who was so adamant about how we wrote this paper, decided she wanted to edit the video. When I asked her what she wanted me to do instead, she said she and the other writer would send me what they had written, and I could finish off the paper. Well, I got their email today--they sent me a little over a page. I am in the middle of writing a ten-page research paper for an English class, which means it actually needs to be good. Do they honestly expect me to write nine pages on my own before Tuesday? Fat chance: that's all I have to say.

P.S. Now this guy in yet another group failed to post his edit online by midnight, so now the whole group suffers. Way too much group work for one semester! Curse you, BYU-I Learning Model!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails