Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello, New Year. Nice to Meet You.

I have a few things on my mind right now, and I'm not sure why I'm about to post them on the internet. Sometimes I'm not even sure why I have a blog at all. I'm generally a pretty private person and keep a lot of things to myself. Anyway, here's a look inside my very cluttered mind. Enjoy.


  • I don't want to go back to school on Monday. I know Laura would tell me to be positive and make it a great semester, and I'll see what I can do, but I don't want to face the winter or my classes. Three 400 level Writing classes? What have I done to myself? The good new is all my classes are either in the Smith or the Spori. No more hiking to the Hinckley and Ricks Buildings for me!
  • I want to combat the media's influence on young women. I want to help girls feel powerful and achieve great things. I'm looking into different programs and trying to find a way to get involved.
  • My little dog leaped halfway across the table and nearly ate my face today. I screamed. It was simultaneously hilarious and terrifying.
  • I wish I would have gotten involved in more extracurricular activities.
  • I don't like feeling left behind.
  • Starting the first day of the semester, I'm going to be a healthier person. I'm not going to eat junk food all the time, and I'm going to create an exercise schedule and stick to it. I want to be like my grandpa--still running around and beating my grandkids at ping pong when I'm 74,
  • I kind of have a little bit of a crush. It kind of took me by surprise, actually. He doesn't know, and it will probably stay that way because I'm still 14 when it comes to guys.
  • I really want to get a dalmatian, but I have to wait until I have a place for it and time to take care of it.
  • Skidmark, my golden brown '87 Honda Accord, is gone. I'm excited to go car shopping in the summer!
  • I think I would rather move to San Francisco than get a church magazine internship, but I'm still planning on applying.
  • I'm going to be 25 this year. Nigga what?
  • I don't feel like sleeping right now.

6 comments:

Laura said...

1. You're right, Laura would and will say that.
2. In order to help young women you need help yourself the same way - face your crush.
3. Extracurricular activities - goes along with number 1, this is your last chance. Regret not getting involved less by getting involved now.
4. You only feel like you're being left behind, it goes along with number two. We create our own paths and we can't be left behind on our own trail.
5. Check Craigslist for writing jobs in San Fran. there's been a few free lance ones when I've looked. Free lance will get your name out there and hopefully some money in your pocket.
6. Skidmark - are you buying the car yourself or planning on taking it with you wherever you end up?
7. Did you really just say "nigga"?

Laura said...

PS. Face your crush, get involved extracurricularly, don't feel left behind - NO REGRETS. You're in control.

Being turned down by boys feels like crap but it's not the end of the world AND if a boy turns you down he's stupid. There are worse things than being turned down by a boy. Don't take it personally. AAAND if rejection is what's holding you back then you need to reassess yourself.

Don't go into something prepared to fail. Just don't worry. Deal with it when it happens - be confident!

Laura said...

Just because I say this stuff doesn't mean I've never/I don't struggle with it myself. Just so you know.
Applying the answers is harder than it sounds but I think we make it harder than it has to be...

Megan said...

VOA took Skidmark away on Tuesday. He's gone forever. I'm going to work at Jansport one more summer and buy my own car before I run off to wherever I'm going.

And, of course, you are right about everything. I'm just a wimp. But I'm currently in the process of attempting to take over my life. I have lots of ideas, and I'm hoping I'll be able to turn them into something. Wish me luck.

Laura said...

Good luck! I'm excited to see you make your dreams come true :)

Megan said...

Thanks, Laura! You're the best. I'm feeling more optimistic about the semester now that I'm here. And it's not even freezing outside!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails