Friday, November 20, 2009

I <3 Fun.



Yes, Nate Ruess wears capris (some people criticized him for that in their comments on YouTube), but he's Nate Ruess, so I say he can do whatever he wants. Every celebrity has their trademark, right? Plus, can I just say that he's really good looking? I don't think the capris are really an issue. Kirsten and I went to Fun's show in Portland, Oregon on my birthday a few months back, and it was pretty sweet. First, we went to Music Millennium to meet the band and get autographed copies of their first album, Aim and Ignite. Then we got pictures with Nate Ruess and Jack Antonoff once we got to the Hawthorne:



I have to say that Nate didn't seem very excited to be at the show, wandering around the venue with a long face, but he made up for it when he got on stage.

I really like the piƱatas on the music video, but I'm not sure how I feel about all the girls chasing them. It just doesn't feel very original, and it doesn't even really seem to fit the song. I realize many music videos are completely random (No One Knows by Queens of the Stoneage comes to mind), but since they were clearly sticking with the "pretty girls" theme, it just feels off to have the band running away from all these girls when they're singing "I wish all the pretty girls were shaking me down." I was really expecting to see some chick decked out in '80s garb. And "all the pretty girls can't measure to you"--where's that girl?  Oh well. I still enjoy the video, mostly because I love Fun, and I love watching them perform.

Fun has recently recorded a new song for the holidays called "Believe In Me." If they get 40,000 fans on Facebook by December 1st, we get the song for free! So click here to become a fan even if you aren't sure how you feel about them. You will love them. And if you don't, I still get a free song, and you can denounce your fan status on December 2nd. Call it your Christmas present to me.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That's my first time listening to them. They have a good sound. I like it!

Megan said...

Did you become a fan on Facebook?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails