Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wish me Luck

The first five pages of my research paper are due by midnight, and I still don't know what I'm going to write about. It has to be persuasive, and it has to be about stereotypes. I was going to write about parent-teen relationships in teen films and whether or not those portrayals affect parent-teen relationships in society, but I don't know if I can prove it either way. Any ideas?

Here are the things I have to finish in the next three weeks:

  • Write a 10-page research paper on stereotypes
  • Revise a 5-page paper on a psychoanalytical approach to Richard Connell's "The Most Dangerous Game"
  • Invent a new religion
  • Organize and present an elaborate group presentation on my invented religion
  • Write a 10-page paper on my invented religion
  • Interview my parents on changes that have occurred in our family in the last three generations
  • Write a 3-page paper on those changes
  • Read about 120 pages of early American literature
  • Write a T-analysis on an early American story
  • Write a 5-page paper on an early American story
  • Take a really long, awful write-on test about early American literature when there's no way in hades I'm going to be able to remember the billions of authors we have looked at since midterm
  • Publish a literary journal
  • Edit at least three 10-page research papers
  • Write a résumé and cover letter
  • Write/create a photographic essay
  • Take an essay test
  • White glove
Once I've checked off everything on my list, my soul will feel light and glad for the two and a half weeks I'll be home for Christmas. Alas, a dark, billowy raincloud will be stalking me during that break--the dread of winter semester. It's sure to be a doozy. I'll be taking three 400-level English classes and Visual Media, which I hope you don't have to be artistic for. I will also start donating plasma twice a week--I would do it now, but I have to wait 6 months from the time I was potentially exposed to Mad Cow Disease during my British Literary Tour. My Visiting Teacher also suggested I become a copy editor for the Scroll because they're always looking for people, and it will be good experience. I was going to apply for the Writing Center, but it's not looking that promising. I'm also going to look at tutoring positions. I know I'm an idiot for waiting till my last semester to get involved, but there isn't much I can do about it now. For some reason, I just want to cram my last semester full of worthwhile activities. I'm even thinking about taking a cooking class. I guess I just want to feel more productive. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, and if anyone wants to get me boots (or these) for Christmas, that would be amazing! The only shoes I have that cover my entire feet are my converse, and they have holes in them now. They're fine for now because Rexburg has yet to be buried in snow, but when I fly into Idaho Falls in January, I'm going to be needing some more appropriate foot gear.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Drrr! You have a lot to do! I think for the stereotype essay I'd write about teenage mothers. That's probably something I know most about and could be persuasive without condoning the issue.

Getting all that stuff done will really make Christmas break special :)

Megan said...

Interesting...What could I convince people about teen mothers?

Unknown said...

Your new religion paper should be entitled: "Zionism in an Elite Society, the lifestyle and mindset of Cloud Nine."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails