Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tower of Terror



Two summers ago, my family and I went to Disneyland. During the trip, I discovered one of my new favorite rides--California Adventure's appropriately named Tower of Terror. I rode first with Danielle, Josh, and my cousin Michael, who, as you can tell from the picture, has nerves of steel. Josh was just faking nerves. We stepped onto the "elevator" and watched the scene in front of us. I honestly can't remember the story--I was too busy tingling with fear. I just remember getting higher and higher, watching the people on the screen disappear, and dropping. My stomach flipped upside down, forcing record level screams from my lungs. When the elevator started rising again, I realized that, during the drop, I had reached over and was now clutching Josh's pant leg. I released my grip just as we began to fall again and instead, I wrapped my fingers around the bar next to me, crushing Josh's hand. It was a terrifying experience, indeed, but exhilarating all the same.


I couldn't find the picture from when Danielle and I rode the Tower of Terror with my dad, but, for some reason, the wait in line was much scarier the second time.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That ride scares me to death! I don't even know why I did it twice!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Disney Land/Universal Studios in a long time. I remember liking the Jurassic Park ride a lot.

Megan said...

Oh yeah, the Jurassic Park ride is fun too! You get soaking wet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails